Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

croix du combattant

Article about: Hi, found this on a auction site, give me your opinions please, is it a fake? Best regards Nuno

Default croix du combattant

Hi, found this on a auction site, give me your opinions please, is it a fake?
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Attached Images Attached Images croix du combattant 

Default Re: croix du combattant

Why does every one on this forum automatically assume everything is a fake? Really, how much of a market is there for faked WWI French decorations??
    No, it is not a fake it is original.

They do not make fakes of this medal.

Hello its good. pay 10 quid for it, they dont seem to be faking these yet..

I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.
    Charles de Gaulle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture croix du combattant   croix du combattant  

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    Why does every one on this forum automatically assume everything is a fake? Really, how much of a market is there for faked WWI French decorations??
    No, it is not a fake it is original.

I re-read my comment and I apologize if I came across too harshly, it was not my intent. Fortunately fakes and forgeries are not too much of a concern with most WWI items as the demand for these artifacts has not risen to the level that would make it cost effective to fake these items. (This may well change as the anniversary approaches) This does not mean that there aren't fakes out there. High end decorations and aviation items do command a premium so caution should be exercised when buying items like that. My advice is to read as much as you can, study the photographs and handle as many real artifacts as possible.

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    I re-read my comment and I apologize if I came across too harshly, it was not my intent. Fortunately fakes and forgeries are not too much of a concern with most WWI items as the demand for these artifacts has not risen to the level that would make it cost effective to fake these items. (This may well change as the anniversary approaches) This does not mean that there aren't fakes out there. High end decorations and aviation items do command a premium so caution should be exercised when buying items like that. My advice is to read as much as you can, study the photographs and handle as many real artifacts as possible.
    No problem, we all have bad days, and bad atittudes some times.
    Thanks for all the replys.
    Best regards
    Nuno