Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Cruise visor helmet

Article about: I've just seen a cruise helmet while checking UK ebay and thought I might bid on it although even though in some cases the seller doesn't describe his wares for what they really are. The hel

?

Default Cruise visor helmet

I've just seen a cruise helmet while checking UK ebay and thought I might bid on it although even though in some cases the seller doesn't describe his wares for what they really are.

The helmet is original, looks repainted but having never seen the attachment under the brim I had a quick check online and found a couple of variations including this one which is bloody good MKII Cruise Visor:

Do you think this one is original? ORIGINAL BRITISH WW1 BRODIE CRUISE STEEL HELMET

The same seller sold a similar one last month.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cruise visor helmet   Cruise visor helmet  

Cruise visor helmet   Cruise visor helmet  

Cruise visor helmet  

?

Here’s the similar looking one from last month sold by the same person www.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sac at%3D0%26_nkw%3D272078871640%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&s i=RenpPiwHtRNsndCyR7nMvQioj4U%253D&orig_cvip=true& rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557]ORIGINAL BRITISH WW1 BRODIE CRUISE STEEL HELMET[/url]

Again the helmet is original, looks repainted and the chainmail attachment is the same as the one for sale at the moment. Are they both pukka? It'd be very difficult to remove the chinstrap bails, reattach them and make it look good wouldn't it?

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cruise visor helmet   Cruise visor helmet  

Cruise visor helmet   Cruise visor helmet  

Saw this also on E bay and the other one he sold and wasnt sure as some of his items dont look right

?

That's exactly what I'm thinking, not knowing enough about these rare helmets and looking at his other items are what's stopping me from bidding.

Stay well away and save your money is my advice!!

?

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    Stay well away and save your money is my advice!!
    Can't remember what it sold for but think it was more than 1000 GBP.

Tony