Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czech WWI medals

Article about: Hello Forum! I hope all your summers have been going well. like the Hess truck, im back and better than ever with the medals from my Czechoslovakian collection. first up is the War Cross. th

Default Czech WWI medals

Hello Forum! I hope all your summers have been going well. like the Hess truck, im back and better than ever with the medals from my Czechoslovakian collection.

first up is the War Cross. the medal was instituted on November 7th 1918 to recognise individual acts of military bravery between July 27th 1914 and October 28th 1918, both by volunteer members of the Revolutionary Army and by members of the Allied forces who fought alongside them. This period was later extended so that acts of bravery in defence of the new republic against the forces of Poland and Hungary could be also be recognised.

the second medal up on display here is the Revolutionary Medal. The cross was created by decree of the new Czechoslovak government on July 1st 1918 to be awarded to all volunteers who enlisted before the proclamation of the Provisional Government in Paris and to nationals of the Allied countries whose acts, whether military or political, during the period from July 24th 1914 to the proclamation of a provisional government, contributed to the establishment of an independent Czechoslovakia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech WWI medals   Czech WWI medals  

Default Re: Czech WWI medals

Nice Czech medals. I really like the War Cross.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Czech WWI medals

Thanks Walkwolf! she just came in the mail this morning.