Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The dastardly Lieutenant Bernard Weaver..

Article about: Most of the UK users of this website will probably be aware of the Army Major who has just been splashed all over the newspapers for falsifying his account of a battle he was engaged in whic

Default The dastardly Lieutenant Bernard Weaver..

Most of the UK users of this website will probably be aware of the Army Major who has just been splashed all over the newspapers for falsifying his account of a battle he was engaged in which resulted in him having his Military Cross award removed. Nothing could possibly be more humiliating than having that done to you. I was this afternoon at the house of a Mrs Louise Baird who has a fairly large collection of WW1 photographs. I was actually there with my publisher on business to discuss a project about writing up the diaries of a certain Pte (her grandfather) who served in the Accrington Pals throughout WW1. What Louise failed to mention to me before our visit was that her father had been part of the Army of occupation during 1919, and he had collected quite a few photographs of WW1 German soldiers and other material connected to the British Army in WW1. Amongst the postcards and photographs I came across this card which relates to Lieutenant Bernard Weaver of the Royal Garrison Artillery. has anyone ever seen one of these before?

Click on to enlarge

The dastardly Lieutenant Bernard Weaver..

What a rotter!.....

I mean... fancy being found in the company of women of all things! Oh my god!

An interesting document, I have heard of crooked officers but never seen a notice like this before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.