Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Donut Dollies

Article about: Beginning with the US Civil War, patriotic women under the auspices of various organizations and agencies have served in non-military and non-medical capacities as moral raisers. Those of yo

Default Donut Dollies

Beginning with the US Civil War, patriotic women under the auspices of various organizations and agencies have served in non-military and non-medical capacities as moral raisers. Those of you who were in Vietnam will remember them as the Donut Dollies. Here is the WWI version of the Donut Dollies. Dwight
    Donut Dollies

Default Re: Donut Dollies

Very nice picture!

The scene in The Pacific comes to my mind... The Marines return from intense combat to find beautiful girls handing out sweets... I can only imagine how surreal that must have felt.

Cool pic! just think how good those tastes to the worn out men on the front.
    Thanks for showing.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

And also how good the ladies would have looked.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Apparently, the Salvation Army women, that I compared to the Vietnam War "Donut Dolies" were actually called, "Salvation Army Lassies." Looking at this WWI poster from the official Liberty Loan history by Labert St. Clair, The Story of the Liberty Loans, Washington, DC: James William Bryan Press, 1919, I would say that donuts were their trademark. The poster is by G. M. Richards. Dwight

Donut Dollies