Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early date 14/15 Star

Article about: A recent arrival, though I've not taken my own pics yet. Pte Isaac Davies #14219 1st Bn S. Wales Bords. to France 11/12/14 so missed the Mons star by 2 weeks as you had to be there before 22

Default Early date 14/15 Star

A recent arrival, though I've not taken my own pics yet.

Pte Isaac Davies #14219 1st Bn S. Wales Bords. to France 11/12/14 so missed the Mons star by 2 weeks as you had to be there before 22/11/14. Is it probable that he was either a regular or a reservist recalled to the colours for him to be there that early in the war but why he missed the initial deployment is not known. That said I have a Mons star to the SWB and he was there quite late as well, 9/11/14 and either missed being entitled to the clasp and rose or never bothered to apply for them as he was discharged in 1915 as no longer fit for service.

Isaac Davies was later transferred to the Labour corps which suggest he might have been wounded as many who were ended up with the LC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early date 14/15 Star   Early date 14/15 Star  

Early date 14/15 Star   Early date 14/15 Star  

Early date 14/15 Star   Early date 14/15 Star  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice find Jerry and as usual its good to find something about who it belonged to.

Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice find Jerry and as usual its good to find something about who it belonged to.

Matt
    Thanks Matt.

The research potential for these named great war medals is very appealing and one never knows how much you will find out until you start the research.
    Regards,

Jerry

nice one Jerry.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks Matt.

The research potential for these named great war medals is very appealing and one never knows how much you will find out until you start the research.
    That is so true.

Well done on another Star and keep them peeled for some original ribbon as well as the missing pair.

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    That is so true.

Well done on another Star and keep them peeled for some original ribbon as well as the missing pair.

Tony
    I'll keep an eye out for the reunite. Original ribbons is always on my watch list, just getting pricey these days but much preferable if I can get it.
    Regards,

Jerry