Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog

Article about: Gents, It has been a while and I apologize. Work is always the excuse from keeping me away and finally have a little relief to post a new addition. I visited one of my usual antique stores a

Default English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog

Gents,

It has been a while and I apologize. Work is always the excuse from keeping me away and finally have a little relief to post a new addition. I visited one of my usual antique stores and stumbled across this English Model 1907 Bayonet made by the firm, Sanderson Bros. There are various inspection marks as well which make this piece in my mind a well travelled piece. Those in the know please feel free to chime in. I love the fact that it seemingly has its original frog and it is a first for my collection.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog   English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog  

English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog   English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog  

English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog   English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog  

English Model 1907 Bayonet with frog  

Nice find Joel!

Mart

Very nice addition.

That does appear to be the P1908 web frog which survived in use through to WW2. Can't quite see the year of bayonet manufacture as partially stamped but on reverse ricasso three Enfield inspection marks and 1919 mark. A bayonet that probably saw many years of service. And certainly more desirable with the frog.

Gentlemen,

Thank you all so much for your kind words. As I had stated before I just happened upon it and decided to add it to my collection. Though I'm not really a bayonet collector per se, I'm trying to gather all I can from the Great War era. Thank you again!

Joel

The frog is the fourth issue introduced by the LoC dated 28th March 1924. the scabbard has been impregnated with paraffin wax authorised by LoC dated September 1923 this denoted by the 'W' impressed into the leather.

Regards

Mark

Mark,

Thank you so much for your added input. It is an interesting piece and certainly out of my normal collecting norm. As stated before this item has seen it fair share of modifications and inspections and certainly adds to its character and the "been there done that" appeal. Than you so much again for your time and expertise.

Regards,

Joel