Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Explain medal card numbers ? HELP

Article about: Hi all , I have just got my Great Grandad's medal card & I have tried researching his cause of discharge & Action take . 1st - cause of discharge is PARA 392 AO 29/19 with a S undern

Default Explain medal card numbers ? HELP

Hi all , I have just got my Great Grandad's medal card & I have tried researching his cause of discharge & Action take .
    1st - cause of discharge is PARA 392 AO 29/19 with a S underneath , also there are roman numerals next to it - xvi & underneath xvi is icf . Can anyone explain what this means ?
    2nd - Action take , written on the card is List L G / 3834 , can someone also explain what this means ?
    I have only got the Silver war badge medal card so I donot know what other medals he got .

Default Re: Explain medal card numbers ? HELP

Thanks Ade got some usefull info from the 2 sites

kc1
    ?

Default Re: Explain medal card numbers ? HELP

LG is probably London Gazette where authority published items in the public domain such as promotions, medal awards. The number may be the page number the information was published on. There is a web site for the LG that you can search free.