Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A few Adrian helmets

Article about: Iíve always had a bit of a thing for the 1915 Adrian helmet and should have bought a few good examples when they were cheap and readily available but I didnít and so what I have are helmets

Quote by ynot View Post
    Thanks James!

That colonial one is a cracker and you have far more than me so I'm the one who's usually gobsmacked.

Here's another I forgot about.
    thank you tony ,what is the story behind this example i can honestly say ive never seen anything like it before

Quote by ynot View Post
    That was a rusty old helmet I had painted with with copies of French patriotic posters.
    I am not normally a fan of this repainting of old helmets but in this case I really like it, it is so well done, a real cracker imo Tony.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great collection. I think this helmet may possibly have more variations than any other?

Quote by ynot View Post
    Here they all are except for another Belgian Adrian I've obviously put somewhere safe and also a pic of the 4 I like best.

Tony
    Nice collection!
    I envy your Belgian one. I sold mine a few years ago thinking I would soon get a other one, but it didn't happen.
    And if you don't like the Russian one, send it to me I'll cherish it.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you tony ,what is the story behind this example i can honestly say ive never seen anything like it before
    No idea James but I've seen a few, probably knickknacks? It only just about the same size as a hand.

?

Thanks Kris, the Russian one is another which originally had the Russian badge fitted because you can see the rust around the outline but I'm not sure if the present badge is a replacement or not.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I am not normally a fan of this repainting of old helmets but in this case I really like it, it is so well done, a real cracker imo Tony.
    Yes I agree about painting old helmets but this one was in a very poor state and it's also been done so as not to be mistaken for something painted back in the day as well as being signed and dated.

Quote by ynot View Post
    Thanks Kris, the Russian one is another which originally had the Russian badge fitted because you can see the rust around the outline but I'm not sure if the present badge is a replacement or not.
    I understand!
    I losen the badge of my militia helmet to check the outlines and never fixed it again properly, and the badge on my Belgian gendarme is a good replacement but didn't fixed it eighter...
    Here are mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adrien 003.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	893952  
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Nice! I particularly like that Romanian one.

Tony

Thanks!
    My favourite as well.
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12