Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

French army infantryman, 137th ligne, verdun, 1916

Article about: Thought i would show how my French First World War Horizon Blue uniformed ensemble is shaping up . Ive to get brown leather equipment ,and aluminium or zinc buttons still . otherwise its nea

Default French army infantryman, 137th ligne, verdun, 1916

Thought i would show how my French First World War Horizon Blue uniformed ensemble is shaping up . Ive to get brown leather equipment ,and aluminium or zinc buttons still . otherwise its near completion . The numerals i had to make , but the lining is stamped 137th Line Infantry .
    This Regt was famed for its stand at Verdun and incident of the ' Tranchee des Baionettes '. The 3rd company were completely wiped out. After the war they were found ,each under a vertical rifle with fixed bayonet. The Germans had probably filled the trench after finding the dead defenders and used the rifles as grave markers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French army infantryman, 137th  ligne, verdun, 1916   French army infantryman, 137th  ligne, verdun, 1916  

?

Default Re: French army infantryman, 137th ligne, verdun, 1916

Very nice Rob, it must have taken quite a while to accumulate, and really you could say this trooper was one of the lucky ones that didnt remain

Lovely display, do you have the jacket? This is the one I have French Horizon Blue Tunic WW1

Very nice mannequin! Thanks for showing.

Regards