Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife

Article about: Hello I found this bayonet It seems to be a french 4 side bayonet that was refurbished and shortened to a trenchknife Notice than only 2 of the 4 sides were grinded and it seems that it was

Default French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife

Hello
    I found this bayonet
    It seems to be a french 4 side bayonet that was refurbished and shortened to a trenchknife
    Notice than only 2 of the 4 sides were grinded and it seems that it was used
    It looks like a screwdriver, but the 2 sides were extreme sharp and I think it was not used as Screwdrive for tanks or artillery
    The hook was removed until the year 1915 and it is in a half good condition
    Can be this true?
    Is it a good one
    On the 5th pic i show my 1895 with hook and the 1915 one for the lengh comparison

I am thankful for all Information and Ideas to this item
    Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife   French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife  

French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife   French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife  

French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife   French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife  

Not a screwdriver, but a relic Lebel 1886/15 or type. Someone has shortened it into a dagger, but when is anyone's guess. You say you found it. Does that mean in or on the ground or at a market?

Hello
    Thanks for the comment
    I found it not direct on the ground, i found it 4 years ago together with the other lebel, a rusted 98 bayonet, 3 Buckles( 2 Luftwaffe, 1 Heer), one other french Bayonet , the posted brotbeutel, shoulderpatches from the Wehrmacht ,5 Medals, a WW1 fieldspade, a Feldflasche from the Wehrmacht, a Id disc from the Feldherrnhalle, a WW1 Iron cross, a M40 Q68 SD heer helmet without liner and other stuff in my grandpas house cellar that lies in the near of the german-francais border
    His cellar was very very trashed
    Back then I am not was intrested in militaria and not collected them, but yet I am collecting it and my grandpa not need it,thats why I have taken the rest of this things to home
    The buckles and the 98 bayo were found from my grandpa, but the rest he never known that they were in his cellar
    The picture show all what I found in the cellar
    I found this all again last week as I helped him to clear the cellar
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife  
    Last edited by Bavarian; 08-24-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Interesting finds. You also have a relic German S98/05 and a S71/84 bayonet.

Thanks
    The only bayonet that is missing on the picture and found it there too is my 98,,Notbayonett,,
    Here is a pic enjoy it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French bayonet refurbished wartime to a trenchknife  
    Last edited by Bavarian; 08-24-2019 at 05:06 PM.

And a German WW1 ersatz bayonet. So a mix of WW1 & WW2 artifacts in grandpa's cellar. Maybe some kids were collecting the stuff and playing in there.

A little be dangerous for the kids to play with sharp knives