Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

french colonial infantry m1915

Article about: hi i wouldnt say brass ,maybe copper plated mild steel or maybe its just rusted mild steel i dont honestly know

Default french colonial infantry m1915

my latest pickup a nice ww1 period adrian m15 unfortunately no liner and chinstrap but in great shape ,what surprised me is how fragile the apron feels its very thin ,the crown piece is made from a thicker gauge steel french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915

?

Default Re: french colonial infantry m1915

Wow, she's a beauty! Nice one col. james.
    I have heard that these were quite fragile, and not much protection at all. Well done on the pickup, now you've got me wanting one............

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

hi andy and thanks for having a look ,she's a dainty little lid and feels very delicate to touch my next question is about the insignia ive been told colonial infantry ,i wonder why the anchor is present i would have assumed naval, my research has brought any clues as yet here's a comparison against my m1926 adrian it seems rather diminuitive cheers jamesfrench colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915

?

Try here.

World War 1, French Marine Helmet

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Nice and hard to find in 2012.
    I have only one infantry
    Perhaps you can hunt on ebay France
    eBay | casque artillerie modele 15

eBay | Casque Adrian Mle 1915 Infanterie "Jus de Grenier"

thanks for the referance link andy and thanks lebus

?

Not many of these Marine lids about online col. Seems like you may have a rare one perhaps?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Hello
    unfortunately, the badge is a copy IMO
    what is this metal ?
    cordially
    Didier

please dont be so quick to go down the negativity road with not one positive in sight, im afraid you must elaborate further ,at least for my benefit i never purchased this "NICE "m15 in the hope the badge was original if it is then a bonus but i certainly didnt buy it on that basis ,what i didnt want to do was remove it from the helmet as it looked to fragile but i did ,if it is bogus badge it certainly looks like its been there a long time as for the material used im not sure as im not an expert on metal's all i can do is post these closer pictures hopefully they will do the talkingfrench colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915french colonial infantry m1915

?

Hello
    sorry, but on picture 7, it looks like brass....
    I tell you after
    Didier

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast