Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

grass bayonet frog iron cross marking?

Article about: hello this is my last find a french gras bayoet.the frog has a strange for me marking the horseshoe and two iron cross,or maybe maltan?have You seen something like this?by the way the blade

Default grass bayonet frog iron cross marking?

hello this is my last find a french gras bayoet.the frog has a strange for me marking the horseshoe and two iron cross,or maybe maltan?have You seen something like this?by the way the blade is blued was it some practise on this bayonets?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?   grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?  

grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?   grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?  

grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?   grass bayonet frog  iron cross marking?  

The Gras bayonet was used by several armies other than the French and made by several manufacturers. Is there any maker marks on the blade spine, the French made versions are marked and dated there. The frog is of a type we would expect with this bayonet.

Yes there is classic french marking on the spine