MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Great Find: 1916 Canadian Bell Tent .

Article about: Well among other things I bought this weekend, I bought an original 1916 Dated Canadian Bell Tent. The tent is in it's own marked bag, and the pegs and mallet are in their own marked bag, I

?

Default Great Find: 1916 Canadian Bell Tent .

Well among other things I bought this weekend, I bought an original 1916 Dated Canadian Bell Tent.
    The tent is in it's own marked bag, and the pegs and mallet are in their own marked bag, I have never seen an original before.
    Here are photos of the bag with pegs and mallet, this Friday, I will take the tent to the cottage and pull it out, I will get photos of it then and post them as it is too wet here now to do it.
    I know the person I bought this from very well, he had pulled the tent out and found 2 very small finger tip size holes,
    Not sure what I will do with it as it is large, but man, it has to be rare!!!Great Find: 1916 Canadian Bell Tent .Great Find: 1916 Canadian Bell Tent .Great Find: 1916 Canadian Bell Tent .

rcs
    ?

Such a cool thing, I've got a couple of modern bell tents but would love one of these, photos of it up when you get chance.

cheers,
    Rob

?

Thank you, the only thing I do not have is the center pole, in Canada these came in 3 heights, so I will try to rig one together, if not I will just hang it up.
    I know where there is an original WW2 Canadian "yellow" Bell Tent, but these things are so large!!

Dean O.