Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?

Article about: Hi Gents These are the first pieces of great war militaria trench art that started my collecting, they were given to me by a relation many years ago, with no story, other than that she could

Reg
    ?

Default Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?

Hi Gents

These are the first pieces of great war militaria trench art that started my collecting, they were given to me by a relation many years ago, with no story, other than that she could always remember them in the lounge at the farm she grew up on, the "beer" tankard has a handle made from 4 303 cases I think dated 1914 (well, G14 anyway) and the other three shell cases are all early or pre war dated, I like the surface finish on the 08 example, like a mirror, compared to the very rough machining on the 1916.

Anyway, there are a myriad of other stamps, I wonder if anyone on here could tell me a little more from these.

Thanks in advance

Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?   Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?  

Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?   Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?  

Great war 18pdr cases, Can anyone tell me more?