Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Anzac Medal

Article about: Hi all, my father showed me my late Great Uncles medals. He died in France on the 29th July 1916, he was with the 28th Battalion the Australian Imperial Force. His body was never found. One

Default Help with Anzac Medal

Hi all, my father showed me my late Great Uncles medals. He died in France on the 29th July 1916, he was with the 28th Battalion the Australian Imperial Force. His body was never found. One of his medals was this one, can anyone give me any information on it please.
    Thanks in advance, Shadow Wolf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Anzac Medal  

Default Re: Help with Anzac Medal

any thoughts would be helpfull, cheers.

Hello-I haven't seen a medal like this before-doesn't seem like a British service medal-some sort of semi official issue?-what does the back of the medal look like-is the name and service no. on it-have you looked on the Australian War Memorial site for info on your relative?

@Lithgow. I have seen one of these before, but I can not remember where

Yes, I have checked with the Australian Gov., it is not listed as one of the 3 medals he was issued. I have read the 36 pages of records that the Gov. has on him. The medal is a bit of a mystery, I shall have to visit my parents and write down the Latin inscription off the front and write down what was written on the back, it was "R" and then loads of numbers, with smaller writting underneath.

Regards, Shadow Wolf.

It looks like a Lodge Medal.......

Not a military medal to the best of my knowledge. I would agree with the previous post.

Cheers, Ade.