Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!

Article about: Hello friends, I have recently come into a pair of original WW1 posters. I own a landscaping company and was offered to trade around \\$75 worth of my services for these 2 posters. The old man

?

Default Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!

Hello friends,

I have recently come into a pair of original WW1 posters. I own a landscaping company and was offered to trade around $75 worth of my services for these 2 posters. The old man that gave them to me said they were from his fathers regiment from WW1: the
    37th infantry regiment company "K". Both posters have his name listed on them. One has the entire regiments names including his on it. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like these before as I have not. As a collector of only WW2, this is out of my range of collecting. Would these posters be "RARE" or are they a common item among ww1 collectors? I couldnt find too too much on the regiment itself, but I didnt really get too deep into researching. If anyone could comment, it would be much appreciated. I never really sell anything from my collection but these are out of my "norm" and if they would be a nice addition to anyones collection, I might part with them to a forum member for the right price....but even that would be difficult for me to do. LOL. One poster is in good shape, but the other is torn up on the bottom, but still fully legible. Check em out and let me know what ya think!

here are the first 2 pics..... NOTE THESE ARE 2 different posters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!   Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!  

?

Default Re: Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!

here are 2 more pics of the unit poster! click to enlarge

I wanted to note they were made by a company named :

HH stratton 1917 chattanooga TENN

let me know if youd like more pics! there is water staining on one of the posters, but the other one is in great shape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!   Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!  

Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!  

?

Default Re: Help with original ww1 posters...NEAT!

I have learned they are Fort Macintosh and Laredo Based! There are "camp" scenes and training scenes bordering both posters. Soldiers firing artillery etc. I thought they were pretty neat, but maybe im alone in this one!

Any info would be great as I am pretty Lost when it comes to WW1 items! Are these something worth collecting or should I have just charged USDollars for my landscaping services??? HAHA