Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?

Article about: I'm trying to determine whether or not this bridle with US rosettes is from the civil war or the WW1 era (or I guess even the WW2 era)? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? It is an int

?

Default Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?

I'm trying to determine whether or not this bridle with US rosettes is from the civil war or the WW1 era (or I guess even the WW2 era)? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? It is an interesting piece regardless. It appears that at some point in the life of this set one of the buckles was replaced, as well as a couple of the rosettes, which I have to believe is normal considering their military use.

Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?Is this horse Bridle from the WW1 era or the Civil War era?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Hi Darren,

They appear to be the 1912 pattern wagon team model with a straight bit and blinders. Could be used for horse or mules. They may be even earlier from the Indian wars but that's a step too far for my knowledge. Certainly the same pattern was also used in WWII in both Italy and Burma.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned. I was hoping for Civil War, but I'm just happy to have it. It may not be the coolest piece in my collection, but unique and definitely has the old look to it.