Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not

Article about: So, I'm not a bayonet person, but I was looking for one. I was looking for a WW1 1907 British bayonet to display over my other WW1 stuff (I don't have much WW1 stuff), and I found this one t

?

Default I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not

So, I'm not a bayonet person, but I was looking for one.
    I was looking for a WW1 1907 British bayonet to display over my other WW1 stuff (I don't have much WW1 stuff), and I found this one that isn't a perfect example, but it does not look like its falling apart.
    I think its fine, but I just wanted to make sure.

I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not
    I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not I Need Help On Verifying if 1907 WW1 Bayonet Is A Fake Or Not Sorry for the horrible pictures, its what the seller provided.

?

Ethan,

Yes its an original WW1 British P1907 bayonet with a later larger frog stud scabbard. Its in poor condition and I personally wouldn't spend much more than $50 on it. These bayonets are not hard to find in good condition and won't break the bank. I would wait for a better example.

Alex

I think Alex is correct on condition and value.
    John

?

Thanks for the replies, guys that really helped out.
    Yeah, I'll wait for a better one to come along, thanks for the advice.
    The hunt continues!

?

I apologize for my ignorance, but what does that 24 right next to the arrow mean?

These bayonets were in service for a long time. Can't read the original manufacture date from the photo, but it's on the other side near the "1907". The '24 is 1924 and the date the bayonet was re-issued after maintenance. Incidently the "x" is an original blade stress/flex test mark. The others are inspector marks.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    These bayonets were in service for a long time. Can't read the original manufacture date from the photo, but it's on the other side near the "1907". The '24 is 1924 and the date the bayonet was re-issued after maintenance. Incidently the "x" is an original blade stress/flex test mark. The others are inspector marks.
    Thanks, Anderson!