Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...

Article about: Perhabs time to upload the second pic from the headgear items? Great forum here btw... I've really learned a lot this last couple of weeks!

Exclamation Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...

Hey there,
    I'm farely new here. I am a passionate collector of WWII stuff (going from weapons, ammo, coins, stamps, postcards, porcelan to books, magazines, flags, toys, documents, oil barrels, jerry-cans, RAD sleeping beds, doors from Luftschutzraume,...).
    Some time ago I was given quite a lot of WWI items and now I am trying to "identify" the history behind them. These items were gattered just after WWI on the various battlefields in the region of Ieper (Ypres) by someone who passed away already some years ago. Their son gave me these items because he knew I was a collector whom he was certain of he would never sell these items. And right he was.
    My question : does anybody now of any sites on the net where I could identify my items and perhabs put a figure on them (insurance you know...)? On a lot of them there is e.g. a regiment name, so these sites work rather well, but most of them also aren't that detailled that I can identify all items.
    I did make some pictures. I'll try to upload them right a way! There is even a very tiny German helmet (with eagle!), the size of my little pinky...
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!
    Attached Images Attached Images Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ... 

Default Re: Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...

Wow, nice gift!

I'm pretty sure I could identify 90% (or probably all) of those, as I'm sure, could many others here. Why don't you take a nice quality pictures of them in groups of 15 or 20 and post them? That way you can at least get the identification done.

Rob

Cool, I look forward to the photos. Try and label each badge somehow to make reference easier

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would reitereate what Rob said.

Post them in small groups (large groups of items are harder to deal with and can get confusing) and I am certain you will get the answers you seek.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Wow, nice gift!

I'm pretty sure I could identify 90% (or probably all) of those, as I'm sure, could many others here. Why don't you take a nice quality pictures of them in groups of 15 or 20 and post them? That way you can at least get the identification done.

Rob
    You found your man, collectorwwII!
    groetjes
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Correction; you found your men!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

THANKS guys! I will make the pics tomorrow during day light and post them... there will be a lot of them...

Hey there,
    I just tried to make pictures of box 1. Originals are + 3 Mbytes. I see they have been reduced to about 300 kbytes... still readeable for you... I hope?
    If that's OK, I make pictures of some other ones too.
    Regards!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of a lot of WWI badges, buttons, ...  

Too many at once! It makes it too hard for us.

I have removed the other three pics from your post. Let us take things slowly and you will get more replies.

Pic size is OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey, just made another 5 pics from the items of box 2, but I'll wait to upload them, OK? If you have links to internet sites, I would be happy to help in this quest.
    Regards, Peter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast