Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items

Article about: Thank You, I recently acquired a large lot of ww1 and ww2 items and I am having issues finding out what these two items are or may be. If these pictures are not good enough please advise and

Default Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items

Thank You, I recently acquired a large lot of ww1 and ww2 items and I am having issues finding out what these two items are or may be. If these pictures are not good enough please advise and i will take different. The Rock Island item is stamped 1916 and about 20 or so inches tall and 10 or so wide.I have no clue on what it may be, and the horse bridal..i just would like some or any general info on. Are these items rare, I can't seem to find next to anything on them?.. then again I am new to this type of research
    Thanks again
    Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items   Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items  

Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items   Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items  

Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items   Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items  

Default Re: Identify Rock Island Arsenal and U.S. Calvary Items

Hi Rob,

The case is interesting...It looks too large to be for a rifle, even if broken down. My guess, and that is all it is, is that it may be for carrying some sort of optical or gun laying device, such as a telescope and tripod or perhaps, a theodolite.

The U.S Army bridle appears to me to not be for a horse, but for a mule. I have seen these types of blinkered bridles used on pack mules whilst hunting in the U.S.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.