Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junk shop Medal !

Article about: What dagger ?

CBH
    ?

Default Junk shop Medal !

I did the rounds the other day , hitting the local used clothing stores and junk shops . Looking for camo or anything WWII . Without any luck , my last stop was a rather junky , junk shop that I don't usually hit . After asking them if they had any military items , which they said they didn't . I spied this in the show case , I guess they didn't think it was military ! So I got it cheap ! And when I asked a collector friend with the same last name if it was a relation , it proved to be one . So just wanting to see what trades he can come up with . And it will have a new home . You never know what you can find when you go hunting .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5891.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	316.9 KB 
ID:	523069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5890.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	315.0 KB 
ID:	523070  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5893.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	523084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5892.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	523077  

Last edited by CBH; 06-21-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Junk shop Medal !

A good find and it just goes to show what might turn up. A good price for it as well and what a coincidence that you know a relative of his. All in all a lucky find.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Finds like this are the best! Browsing the internet and clicking a few buttons to instantly get that item you want is no fun, in my opinion. These kinds of finds make this hobby exciting.

Good find,all I will say is,if it is a friends relative GIVE him the medal as a gift,it cost you very little and may mean a lot to him! You never know what generosity may come back your way from him in the future!!! Leon.

$5 is a great price,
    Nice to see it returned to a relative also.
    Im looking for an a case to an 1936 olympics medal and a case to entry to austria medal. pm me If you have any spare.

CBH
    ?

I should have said associate , knew him in high school (many years ago) . He lives on the other side of the country now . He also tried to sell me a fake dagger once , so i don't feel I owe him anything . It will be going to him , but after a trade . I've promised him that . If he was a close friend , I would have given it to him .
    Chris

Call me a cynic but I'd make sure you research the chap who's named on the medal first. Canandian named medals tend to be quite sought after and certainly worth more than the $5 paid. It would be one heck of a coincidence to find it was a relative - not impossible though.

If you post the full details here, we can have a look and see what we can dig out for you so you can make a better decision on price.

?

What a great find, and great price also! I was out today for a bit but got skunked.

CBH
    ?

Well , I made the deal . One I couldn't refuse . It turned out to be his Great Grandfather , from Newfoundland . So he wanted it badly . I was looking for a Cadpat uniform for it , but he was having a hard time finding one , at this time . So he offer 75$ a Cape breton Highlander sweetheart pin ( the center of the Hat badge ) ,and a Cadpat coat when he can get one . And he threw in a 185th Cape Breton Highlanders WWI hat badge (repaired) a hard to find badge ! So it was a deal I couldn't refuse , and the medal is gone back home . He said he was going to give it to his father after he got it framed and mounted . So we all seem happy , I know I am .
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5921.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	528364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5924.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	528365  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5925.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	528366  

Cool story ;-)

PS I'm sure he had no idea the dagger was a fake ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast