Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Just purchased this beauty! WWI Marine Corps Campaign Cap

Article about: Gents, Excited to report that there are a few pieces that are coming out of the woodwork to add to one's collection in my area. Here is a near mint/ excellent condition WWI US Marine Corps C

Default US WWI Marine Corps Grouping

Gents,

Excited to report that there are a few pieces that are coming out of the woodwork to add to one's collection in my area. Here is a near mint/ excellent condition WWI US Marine Corps Campaign Cap right out of an old footlocker. There may be more... I'll keep you all posted.Just purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign Cap

This item was the "thrill of the hunt" for me today.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign Cap  
    Last edited by buellmeister; 09-06-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Great "cap". I always wondered how you date this type of US headgear, are they dated or are there specific features for the different periods in which they were used?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry,

I thank you firstly. Secondly, the Insignia aka: Eagle, Globe and Anchor is indicative to this period as well as the style of cap is what I'm told.

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Jerry,

I thank you firstly. Secondly, the Insignia aka: Eagle, Globe and Anchor is indicative to this period as well as the style of cap is what I'm told.

I had thought the insignia might be the clue, but I still wonder are there any other indicators, as sometimes caps have been stripped of their badges or they have been replaced, so do the linings etc. have any particular dateable features that change over time?
    Regards,

Jerry

This link may help with a date..........The Campaign Hat, M1911........

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

These "Smokey the Bear" hats are getting harder and harder to find in good condition. At one time, I remember, they could be found in garage sales for a buck or less! Not so much Today, hey? lol This one looks like it could use a good reblocking to put it back into good form again but that's up to you! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff,

Thank you my friend. Eric, I appreciate the link you provided as well.

Regards,
    Joel

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    This link may help with a date..........The Campaign Hat, M1911........

Eric
    Many thanks Eric for the link, just what I was after.
    Regards,

Jerry

Just purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapJust purchased this beauty!  WWI Marine Corps Campaign CapThe other items have been obtained!

Gents,

Happy to report that the rest of the grouping has been purchased and glad to have them!