Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kepi foreign legion

Article about: DARK BLUE WITH RED TOP, , HAS 59 & PARIS HUARD STAMP INSIDE, DO THEY HAVE DARK BLUE UNIFORMS? IS THE RED ARTILLERY? ,, IS IT A SGT. KEPI?

?

Default Re: Kepi foreign legion

The training looks really rough... like they try to kill you or make you quit... just have to ring the bell

Quote by colt45 View Post
    The training looks really rough... like they try to kill you or make you quit... just have to ring the bell
    It was like that in the Guards !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here's mine. It has private purchase attributes and a serial number sewn inside the sweatband. It came in a lot from a WWI US aviator, but I have been told that it is a WWII style. It came with a simple white cotton cover.

CCMJR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04_29_6.JPEG 
Views:	1365 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	247616

ccj
    ?

Thats a nice kepi and looks very familiar.

Here's a nice 13e Demi-Brigade de Légion Étrangère kepi I picked up. (13e DBLE)

Its a 1930-40 era kepi

Name:  IMG_0406.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  25.6 KB

?

It should look familiar Charles!

Best,
    CCMJR

?

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    Here's mine. It has private purchase attributes and a serial number sewn inside the sweatband. It came in a lot from a WWI US aviator, but I have been told that it is a WWII style. It came with a simple white cotton cover.

CCMJR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04_29_6.JPEG 
Views:	1365 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	247616
    This is not "WWII style", but a pre-1914 era kepi.

?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    DARK BLUE WITH RED TOP, , HAS 59 & PARIS HUARD STAMP INSIDE, DO THEY HAVE DARK BLUE UNIFORMS? IS THE RED ARTILLERY? ,, IS IT A SGT. KEPI?
    I believe this is a regular line infantry kepi, as a legion kepi should have a voided grenade, not solid as here. Also, it's not a sergeant's kepi, but for lower ranks. An artillery kepi would be dark blue, including the crown.

?

Quote by BobS View Post
    This is not "WWII style", but a pre-1914 era kepi.
    Bob,

I appreciate your opinion and hope you are right. I have been told by French collectors that it a WWII kepi. The lot it came in had nothing from WWII and there was also a large WWI era French folding knife. It just didn't make sense to me that a WWII cap would have come from this veteran's effects. Is there anything else that you would need to see to confirm your identification?

I wrote to find out about the serial number to see if the cap could be identified and was told that the serial number was not in the range for the Legion.

Best regards,
    CCMJR

ccj
    ?

I'm still making plans to visit KC someday soon...

?

CCJ,

Just give me a little notice and we will make a day of it. National WWI museum and show and tell. I'm looking forward to it!

CCMJR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast