Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

L.F.& C.1917 Bean Popper

Article about: Hi All, Found this while poking around in my brother in laws attic, it belonged to his fathers uncle who served in WW1 and 2, he claims it was used as a camping knife/tool ever since he was

Default L.F.& C.1917 Bean Popper

Hi All,
    Found this while poking around in my brother in laws attic, it belonged to his fathers uncle who served in WW1 and 2, he claims it was used as a camping knife/tool ever since he was a kid, and the scabbard leather was replaced sometime in the 70's. Once I told him the value and significance of this item he gladly gave it to me and it sits officially retired amongst my other U.S WW1 Items. A nasty little trench weapon that reminds us of how brutal war is. Its not perfect but its nice to have a family history item saved from popping open any more cans of beans by a campfire!!! Thanks for looking!
    L.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean PopperL.F.& C.1917 Bean Popper

CBH
    ?

A beautiful find !

Nice
    It would look good next to my 1918
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice
    It would look good next to my 1918
    no...I think your mistaken Greg...it would look good next to my Au Lion.

replaced leather or not, it's the family history that makes it that much nicer.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    no...I think your mistaken Greg...it would look good next to my Au Lion.
    M
    We might just have to agree to disagree on that

You are 100% correct about the family connection.
    Of all the pieces in my collection, the one piece in my collection that will never be
    for sale is a sawtooth bayo in just fair condition but because of who gave it to me,
    it is one of my biggest treasures.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Fight nice boys we dont need to start a war over this haha, it just goes to show you what is still lying in boxes in attics. The funny thing is I almost bought one about 3 months earlier at full retail price!!! Talk about divine intervention!

side note- I also obtained a WW1 Iron Cross (FR marked) that was in the family also, assuming the same relative brought it home with him, a common item but knowing who/how it got here is always nice

Popping open cans of beans by a campfire is probably what ensured its survival till a collector could take over the care for it...

?

A nice find friend.