Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Latest medal off eBay

Article about: This medal arrived through the post today. Its the Order of Leopold 11 gold medal - usually awarded for 20 years military service. I dropped lucky with this one, I was the only person to bot

Default Latest medal off eBay

This medal arrived through the post today. Its the Order of Leopold 11 gold medal - usually awarded for 20 years military service. I dropped lucky with this one, I was the only person to bother bidding - and I got it for £4.99p. They usually sell for about £35 in this condition. I have included a picture of it next to its big brother - the knights cross of the Order of Leopold 11. The slight difference of colour between the two ribbons is just down to fading. A further picture illustrates the main awards in order of importance.

Latest medal off eBayLatest medal off eBayLatest medal off eBayLatest medal off eBay

What a great score mate, that's a fantastic pick up for a very small investment! Well done, they look terrific together!

?

Nice little colletion coming on there. I don't much about Belgium awards but these lot look good thanks for showing Cheers Terry.

I feel bad for the Belgians for being the doormat of France and Germany for centuries. Even though they knew they were going to have their backside kicked by one or the other they still insisted on throwing men and women into the meat grinder of war. Very attractive selection of medals!

Belgium medals are very underated.

Hi ,well I can honestly say I know nothing about these awards but £5 has to be a bargain! Well done ,it looks great with your other awards. Leon.

A great looking medal for a fiver, great find Steve!...

There are two more medals on the way. I'm aiming to get every Belgian military medal issued during WW1 - or after 1919 to commemorate the end of WW1. I only have a few to go. The variation in pricing, even for the rarer medals is unbelievable. Careful shopping can save you a fortune.