Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Le Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar Badges

Article about: Normally, I don't collect things like this too overly much, but the Regiment of Chateauguay of Quebec, Canada is abit special. Chateauguay is located just across the St Louis River from Mont

Default Le Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar Badges

Normally, I don't collect things like this too overly much, but the Regiment of Chateauguay of Quebec, Canada is abit special. Chateauguay is located just across the St Louis River from Montreal and is an ancient city of several centuries. Doing some genealogy, I found out that I am directly related to something in the nature of 75% of old Chateauguay and the founding families, so I did some reading on the little city and found that it had a military traditions past and had even put together a Regiment in 1869 which saw action in several wars. The cap badge and the 2 accompanying collar dogs here are not your average commonly seen pins, but are extremely Early and were likely worn by a ranking officer. They are constructed in several parts, unlike the later issues which were simply stamped out in one piece. These pieces were,, I believe, silver and gold plated at one time, and traces of this can still be discerned. They are quite rarely seen, so I thought that I might post them here to have people see what they used to look like. (The Regiment ceased to exist as such about 1954 and was merged with 2 other Quebec outfits into the Royal 22nd Regiment)

Le Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar BadgesLe Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar BadgesLe Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar BadgesLe Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar BadgesLe Régiment de Châteauguay Early Cap And Collar Badges
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Congratulations William.

They are the 'bees knees' to use the old vernacular - or in modern parlance...I really like them.

Cheers
    Tim