Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Leather ammo pouch?

Article about: I have just acquired an old Rochdale police belt with a British military leather pouch dated 1906 attached I think it might be for ammunition as it is marked 32 rd. Can anyone help with any

Default Leather ammo pouch?

I have just acquired an old Rochdale police belt with a British military leather pouch dated 1906 attached I think it might be for ammunition as it is marked 32 rd.

Can anyone help with any info on the pouch.

Thanks z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leather ammo pouch?  

?

I have four of these, identical except mine do not have the little slot showing at the bottom of your photo. Mine are probably never issued and are stamped HOLDEN&FROST 1916 with a broad arrow inspectors mark.

Oz.

Oz are these for pistol rounds or rifle it was the 32 RD stamped on the back got me thinking it meant 32 rounds but you could not fit 32 rifle rounds in the pouch.

z4

?

Mine are for rifle rounds but if yours was possibly Police issue then I am wondering if the pouch could have contained 32 pistol rounds?? Or I am completely barking up the wrong tree. Just guessing here. Can you make out the other stamps? I think I can read Galley?

Oz.

?

Hello
    Pattern 1903
    Pattern 1903 Bandolier Equipment Cartridge Pockets

cordially
    Didier

I had already sent an email to the Karkee web and they are going to put it on their site.

z4