Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Liverpool Pals cap badge

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would share this one with you. The owner bought it from a junk shop 40 years ago. Going up for auction in July. Cheers, Ade.

I believe there are a number of versions produced after the original silver issue.

I have this pattern (See below) which has been brooched which was followed by a gm version on a slider. The pattern shown looks like an OSD but I believe it was the standard issue until 1917 when the above mentioned gm version was issued
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Liverpool Pals cap badge  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I believe there are a number of versions produced after the original silver issue.

I have this pattern (See below) which has been brooched which was followed by a gm version on a slider. The pattern shown looks like an OSD but I believe it was the standard issue until 1917 when the above mentioned gm version was issued
    Thanks Jerry.

That certainly looks like bronze rather than brass/gm and being in the typical die-cast rather than die-stamped format would contain more metal thus being more expensive. These two factors in turn suggests an officer pattern.

I'm not disagreeing with your suggestion that this was the first (post silver issue) pattern just theorising as I don't know and can't find a decent reference. K&K Simply refers to the original h/m silver badge then states that subsequent issues were in gm and annoyingly, just three words "Also in bronze".
    Not especially helpful!

Maybe the Lancashire Infantry Museum (formerly the QLR museum) at Fulwood Barracks in Preston might help if anyone lives near enough to "pop in"?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2