Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Looking to find a Victory Medal

Article about: Hi Guys, a long shot I know, but a client of mine is desperate to locate a missing British Victory Medal that was his Grandfathers. It was split from the group by a family member in Ireland.

Default Looking to find a Victory Medal

Hi Guys, a long shot I know, but a client of mine is desperate to locate a missing British Victory Medal that was his Grandfathers. It was split from the group by a family member in Ireland. Odds are it has a ribbon from the War Medal on it.

Named to Private John Kelly of the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers and his serial number was 21350.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Have several, but none with the last name 'Kelly'.

Forums and the internet may be the best way to find and complete medal
    groups that have been split up. I keep a list of names/regiments in my
    wallet in case I see one of them pop up somewhere.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Added to my notebook. You are right, it is a long shot but one that is worth a punt for sure. I expect you know that Medal Magazine had a "Medal Search" list that subscribers could add to. Don't know if it still exists though.

I don't know if it would be possible but is there a way of creating a database perhaps in the Gold Members area that members could consult and add to in such a search. I think in the first case it would probably only be of use in the case of UK/Commonwealth medals which are impressed with full No Rk Name and regt/unit but some other nations medals, notably USSR are serial numbered.

I know it would be a job to set up the database but population with data would be done by those using it.

Just a thought.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Try the brit medal forum....but be prepard to pay market price for it, though some would gift it back to the family.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.