Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M15 Adrian helmet

Article about: Hi guys. Here is my little M15 Adrian helmet, by little I mean very small. My god some certainly had small heads, this looks silly next to a 64 sized M16 German helmet.

?

Default M15 Adrian helmet

Hi guys. Here is my little M15 Adrian helmet, by little I mean very small. My god some certainly had small heads, this looks silly next to a 64 sized M16 German helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Adrian helmet   M15 Adrian helmet  

Nice helmet there, mine's a tiny size too

?

Wow she's beautiful, very nice. I was going to put a veterans plate on mine but the size of plates and helmets I'm unsure about and there again i couldn't bring myself to do it to an original.

Quote by Rob L View Post
    Wow she's beautiful, very nice. I was going to put a veterans plate on mine but the size of plates and helmets I'm unsure about and there again i couldn't bring myself to do it to an original.
    Cheers Rob, may I ask a silly question?---- what's a veterans plate?

?

Not silly at all. They say they were made out of the old artillery cases from the Germans. I don't really know too much about these to be honest and haven't really seen too many.
    Attached Images Attached Images M15 Adrian helmet 

Cheers Mate, I'd leave your one alone as it's in superb condition

Nice original helmet, I love the charecter that these posess, the first modern steel combat helmet, They wore those veterans plates in parades after the war I believe.

?

They are very nice helmet and certainly have a character look that almost makes them seem older than the great war. I'd hate to get hit in the side with shrapnel with the size of these. I did read head injuries went up as a result of the m15 because less become fatalities when hit and 4 part contruction worked against them.

How do the leather liners attach to the shells in these? The M15 that just arrived to me has the liner loose and I can't figure out how it would have attached, I mean the corrugated alloy sheets I can see have the 2 metals pins to hold them in place but how does the leather attach to that (if at all)?

?

Hi Glenn66

Sorry for the late reply. I've since parted ways with my M15 & M26. To be honest I'm not sure how they go in. That was the one thing that had me when I first looked into mine with the metal packer insert type things? Certainly not really any real projection with the gap from helmet shell to head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast