Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

M15 Adrian helmet doctor field medic

Article about: Here I have a doctor field medic M15 Adrian helmet which was manufactured by Angus Dupeyron of Paris (see pics for manufacturer ink stamp)' the other way to tell, is by the construction of t

Default M15 Adrian helmet doctor field medic

Here I have a doctor field medic M15 Adrian helmet which was manufactured by Angus Dupeyron of Paris (see pics for manufacturer ink stamp)' the other way to tell, is by the construction of the helmet itself (if you want to know more go to this excellent web site .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 15 :.). The size is also indicated in the makers stamp which is a size A (53-55cm). The helmet retains its original blue horizon factory paint with no later field repaint as you see on a lot of these helmets. The helmet also has the first pattern black leather liner in a one piece cut. Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	269.2 KB 
ID:	876931   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	115 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	876932  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	93 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	876933   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	75 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	876934  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	876935  

Very nice and interesting helmet.

?

Thats cool and a quite rare I would have thought?

I forgot to mention that it was was probably manufactured in 1915 and would have been one of the first helmets issued to frontline French soldiers. This is one of the first helmets in my collection to reach the ripe old age of 100 years old so officially an antique now

very nice helmet.

Are you absolutely certain the badge is original to the helmet? There are a lot of rust patches going BEHIND the badge, but very few rust patches on the badge. A vey nice early helmet though.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

I'd say it was probably original to this helmet HARRY THE MOLE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	877240  

Well there can be no doubt now can there? I wouldn't have expected you to remove the plate to check behind though - there is always the risk of snapping off the prongs. It is usually sufficient just to look inside the helmet and examine the prongs to see if the plate has ever been removed. You are a brave man for doing that Ian!
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

I just tested the prongs slightly to see how flexible they are and did not open them out fully managed to ease the badge off without to much stress being put on the prongs. I've done it before on other French Adrian helmets and found different shapes behind the badge that was supposed to be original. But yes I was sweating a bit removing it I have the pic to prove its original now if I ever want to sell it on

I just love these helmets. I only have the one now, but it is an early pattern Artillery helmet with (period) damage to the plate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast