MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet

Article about: Here I have an M15 Adrian infantry helmet. This model was manufactured by Cie Counters of Paris it is very similar construction to Dupeyron models but what identifies this is the shape of th

Default M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet

Here I have an M15 Adrian infantry helmet. This model was manufactured by Cie Compteurs of Paris it is very similar construction to Dupeyron models but what identifies this is the shape of the comb on top of the helmet. It has the first pattern liner system (7 tounges) in tanned leather in a one piece cut. The liner also shows a stamp of 'B2' which is the head size for around 63cm. The paint is the original factory paint and shows no signs of a later field repaint. I would say this helmet was made in 1915 and like the previous m15 I posted up it has reached the ripe old age of 100 years old. Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet   M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet  

M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet   M15 Adrian Infantry Helmet  

Last edited by Redstalker; 09-02-2015 at 09:50 AM.

looks better in blue.

The blue dressed French soldier must have been a dream come true for German snipers.

?

Nice helmet.

Wow, history...

?

Another one! That liner is in fantastic condition as is the strap and the spacers look as if they've been there since the helmet was put together.

Tony

Nice looking lid! .

My own M15, sadly not as nice as yours...

M15 Adrian Infantry HelmetM15 Adrian Infantry Helmet

That's a nice helmet, from what I can tell it was made by Auteroche and it's the second type that they made. The first type are rarer models. I don't have any by that maker.

Thanks, Ian. I haven't spotted any makers marks, what gives the maker away as Auteroche?

It's the shape of the comb and the placement of the rivets on the visor. There were 8 manufacturers and they all made the Adrian helmets slightly different. There is a very good web site on helmets but it is in French but you can run it through Google and get a fairly good translation. It shows all the different shapes of the helmets and is very good for finding out the makers. He does most of the helmets from around the world very good reference site. .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 15 :.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast