Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mbe ???????????

Article about: Hi guys, I need some help here, and couldn't work out exactly where to put this so here goes. I have come across this medal and am not sure exactly what it is? I think it is an MBE, it was,

Default Mbe ???????????

Hi guys,

I need some help here, and couldn't work out exactly where to put this so here goes.

I have come across this medal and am not sure exactly what it is? I think it is an MBE, it was, so the story goes (never listen to stories) given to an old nurse who served in WW1, but this was given to her 1939. Don't shoot me down in flames it's only what I have been told

Any idea if it worth anything, or if people collect these??

Thanks,

Grant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mbe ???????????   Mbe ???????????  

Mbe ???????????   Mbe ???????????  

Mbe ???????????  

Default Re: Mbe ???????????

Instituted in 1917 it is awarded for meritorious service by both civilian and military personnel.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Very collectable! It is a ladies issue as the ribbon is worn in a bow.

Cheers, Ade.

Yours is indeed post 1936! Due to the color of the ribbon!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Wow,

Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated. It's always Murphy's law that you find something you don't collect, you never find someone with German medals to get rid of

Is there an area in the for sale section to pass this along to someone who might like it, or who might swap something TK for it?

Thanks again,

Grant

Thanks for the e bay link, but bear in mind that price is for a fake replacement.

I don't really collect British medals like this, but a friend does. I will get you a rough idea of value from him.

Cheers, Ade.

?

PM me mate, i would be interested.....

Donnie

Hi Grant, I have spoken with my firend who collects British medals. His rough estimate is around £100. However, he says any documentation will have an effect on value. He mentioned that one of these to a WW1 Nurse which had a large photo album with it of views of the battlefields made £800 on E Bay.

Cheers, Ade.

Like I say Phil, British awards are really outside of my area in giving valuations. I can only rely on what other folks tell me

Cheers, Ade.