Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF Soldier

Article about: Well today I bought this one of a kind WW1 1915 Book, still in its shipping box. This one has the name and Wounded and Capture date of a Canadian Soldier with the 13 Battn, Canadian Black Wa

?

Default Mint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF Soldier

Well today I bought this one of a kind WW1 1915 Book, still in its shipping box.
    This one has the name and Wounded and Capture date of a Canadian Soldier with the 13 Battn, Canadian Black Watch
    He was wounded ( perhaps Gassed) and Captured in the first Battle that Canadian were involved in, during WW1 the Great Gas attack in the 2nd Battle of Ypres.
    I have seen one other of these books also dedicated to a Canadian Soldier, but that book was Dated 1916

The book also has a nice Studio Photo of him On the 2nd page, as well it came with a Great Photo of when he got home, howing his 4 years Service stripe, most of it earned in a German POW Camp, that photo was not part of the book, but came with it.
    I believe he stayed in the Canadian Army after the war as there is a "Post Card" photo of the sgts of the Black Watch, taken in the early 30s.
    I have found his "sign up" papers on line, seem he served in a couple of units before the War.
    AS his complete records are not yet on line, I will have my researcher get his files for me... if he still does that

Dean O
    Canada

Mint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF SoldierMint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF SoldierMint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF SoldierMint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF SoldierMint The War Pictorial Dedicated to CEF Soldier

nice find Dean.