Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner

Article about: Hi friends, i just wondered if it would be possible for you to quickly comment on the helmet below please? It wasnt well listed, but i thought it could be a mk1, however now it has arrived i

?

Default Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner

Hi friends, i just wondered if it would be possible for you to quickly comment on the helmet below please? It wasnt well listed, but i thought it could be a mk1, however now it has arrived im not sure.

The only marking visible is HS268 on the shell, which i believe is hadfield ltd of sheffield. The liner does not look like it belongs to the helmet though, it is loose and drops out when upside down, unless its just very badly damaged with parts missing...

Any thoughts really appreciated as always.
    Many thanks,
    Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner   Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner  

Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner   Mk1 brodie helmet? Strange liner  

?

It looks like a Portuguese liner, they used refitted MKIs

World War Helmets - Reference de casques de 1915 a nos jours.
    Steve

?

Thank you very much tinhat, i think youre right. Really interesting. Used 1930 - 1939 by looks of it. Looks like it has been repainted maybe with new liner, but kept old chin strap. Great stuff, thank you...