Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt, Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet

Article about: Thought to show a helmet I picked up some years back of a Early Brodie with an Officers Bronze riveted badge to the Front . It leaped out at me so to speak so I snapped it up. Probably the O

Default Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt, Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet

Thought to show a Welsh helmet I picked up some years back of a Early Brodie with an Officers Bronze riveted badge to the Front . It leaped out at me so to speak so I snapped it up. Probably the Officer saw Home Guard Service and had a WW2 liner fitted , though I think his original prong buckled early chinstrap remains . The colour is quite green to the paint .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet   Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet  

Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet   Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet  

Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet   Monmouthshire Regt - 2nd Batt,  Officers 1st Pattern Brodie Steel helmet  

WoW Rob, what a lid, a real rarity and very desirable to any British helmet collector but to me me, very very desirable.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice lid and i had an idea Jerry would like it!..

Yeah , I had Jerry in mind to show it to ! Il post my WW1 additions over next month or so.

Very nice, a great find.

that's v/nice.