Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

More Tea, Comrade? RAMC Archangel 1919

Article about: Hi Guys, Thought the amount of Russian related medals etc. I'd post this group.....although it's not Russian, the guy had his dealings with both White and Red forces in 1919 after a distingu

UnknownSoldier
    ?

Default More Tea, Comrade? RAMC Archangel 1919

Hi Guys,

Thought the amount of Russian related medals etc. I'd post this group.....although it's not Russian, the guy had his dealings with both White and Red forces in 1919 after a distinguished career on the Western Front:

Sergeant Thomas James Sevier MM MSM 2/3rd South Midland Field Ambulance R.A.M.C. (T.F.)

Military Medal February 1917,

Meritous Service Medal awarded 30 September 1919 (Archangel Command), for:

"This N.C.O has performed meritous service in the DVINA force. Practically the whole time he has been the senior N.C.O. in the forward hospital at TOULGAS. On one occasion when the hospital was captured by the enemy, by his presence of mind, in remaining with the patients, he protected them when threatened, and pursuaded the enemy to sit down to tea, until the the village was recaptured."

Only the English could use Tea as a weapon :lol:

Tom

Default Re: More Tea, Comrade? RAMC Archangel 1919

One has got to have tea old boy
    Ben

UnknownSoldier
    ?

:-) It was such a good citation, he got quite a few including along with the two medals, two private (unit citation) citations for gallantry in the trenches. The bit about the tea was the clincher though :-) :lol:

Tom

Hey Tom, it is amazing actually how many medics were highly decorated during both wars, and that is between all the nations.
    Ben

UnknownSoldier
    ?

I agree, especially seeing as quite a few were consciencious objectors too. Always said you'd have to brave or mad to go out unnarmed into no mans land.... ;-) But for a medic, my great-grandfather would have died in no-mans land in 1918

Tom

Fantastic story!

Cheers, Ade.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.