Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My latest WWI Grouping

Article about: This past month a sad thing happened. The Veterans Memorial Museum in Branson Missouri closed. It was very sad because they had equipment from WWI to Our latest conflict on display. Every ti

Default My latest WWI Grouping

This past month a sad thing happened. The Veterans Memorial Museum in Branson Missouri closed. It was very sad because they had equipment from WWI to Our latest conflict on display. Every time I visited Branson I would go to this museum and spend hours looking at all it had to offer. Keep in mind that some of the items were donated by families. I think. Some may have been copies of real war materials? I don't know as I was not at the ensuing auction that took place. I was privileged to have purchased on line ( As I have seen all the items before many times) a US WWI grouping belonging to Benjamin Boyd of Andover MD. I purchased this because I wanted to preserve his military history and If a dealer would have purchased the grouping it would have been split up and lost forever. Well I don't have it in my war room yet as it is in safe keeping with my friends in Branson till they come up to visit their father at the end of the month. Everything you see in the photos is what I received. I will set it up just like in these photos .
    Thanks,
    John
    My latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI GroupingMy latest WWI Grouping
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default My latest WWI Grouping

That is very cool, what a great display and grouping!

very nice - looks like a museum type display !

It's good that you have purchased these from the museum's auction
    and that the items will stay together. Nice grouping !

I wonder how the families feel after they gave away their treasures
    for 'safe keeping', only to have the stuff sold off anyway.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Congratulations on the purchase - a very nice grouping that I'm glad will remain together.

Like Steve though, I do tend to wonder how the families may feel.

Cheers
    Tim

Thanks guys for the kind words. I don't know Steve if some of the families knew of this Auction. I always wondered how many of our forum friends bought some of the treasures that went up for sale.
    I am not afraid to tell you that I paid $325.00 for all you see and that included the mannequin. I know it will never be for sale again as long as I am here.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Nice set ! but has nothing to do with Imperial Germany nor Austro-Hungary, so I have moved to correct section...............
    Prost ! Steve.

Well done John.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice John, however, I do feel these items should return to Maryland, so with that being said, my address is......lol
    Great grouping. Glad it found a good home. These are the groupings I look for and all I really buy when it comes to WWI uniforms. The names and faces make it so much more personal. And $325 was an absolute freaking steal! If you ever do decide to move it along, I'll make it worth your while.

?

Great items and a great price

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast