Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new tunic and side cap!

Article about: Hey guys, I bought this tunic and side cap on ebay,For \\$25 which is a good price as side caps alone go for that much.American tunics were sold to Poland just after ww1 as surplus.They were w

3mk
    ?

Default My new tunic and side cap!

Hey guys,
    I bought this tunic and side cap on ebay,For $25 which is a good price as side caps alone go for that much.American tunics were sold to Poland just after ww1 as surplus.They were worn during the Polish-Soviet war so thats why I bought this tunic.To be honest I dont know much about these tunics so could anyone give me some for info?
    Thanks

P.s I know the pics are bad,Ill try posting some better ones when it comes in the mail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new tunic and side cap!   My new tunic and side cap!  

My new tunic and side cap!   My new tunic and side cap!  

Attached Images Attached Images My new tunic and side cap!  My new tunic and side cap! 

Default Re: My new tunic and side cap!

Hi Emil, that was a bargaina and a half! Well done.

These tunics came in both winter weight, made of wool, and summer issue made of cotton drill.

The buttons were black/bronzed. Same as the cap insignia seen here.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Ade!
    Do you think the tunic is the summer or winter version?The seller stated it as canvas but Ive never seen light weight uniforms in a shade of green,All the ones Ive seen were in a sandy yellow color.Also If I were to resell it how much do you think It would be worth?
    Thanks

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thanks Ade!
    Do you think the tunic is the summer or winter version?The seller stated it as canvas but Ive never seen light weight uniforms in a shade of green,All the ones Ive seen were in a sandy yellow color.Also If I were to resell it how much do you think It would be worth?
    Thanks
    This is the summer weight "cotton duck" tunic. They are found in color ranging from light tan to a pale green depending on the mfg. They seem to getting around $50 to $75 US on e-bay these days.
    Hope this help some.
    Terry

3mk
    ?

Thanks!

This is a great pick up for the price! I am almost positive that anything ww1 will be going up in price shortly. 100 years since the war is looming.

rgds, Ty