Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Newest US WWI Medals

Article about: I just recieved a few new WWI medals. They all came together in one group. The owner must have been from Connecticut because the 1907 medal is from the Conn. National Guard and the WWI servi

Default My Newest US WWI Medals

I just recieved a few new WWI medals. They all came together in one group. The owner must have been from Connecticut because the 1907 medal is from the Conn. National Guard and the WWI service medal is for the state of Connecticut also. The man must have served for a long time. I am not sure how many years you had to serve to get the Conn. long sevice medal but hopefully someone knows. The two US marked discs also came with the lot and I believe them to be US Cavalry trappings. I'm not sure what era they are from but I would guess early 1900s maybe late 1890s. I'm looking for a photo of them used on a horse but have had no luck yet. They are fairly large about 3" across.

My Newest US WWI MedalsMy Newest US WWI MedalsMy Newest US WWI MedalsMy Newest US WWI MedalsMy Newest US WWI Medals

?

Default Re: My Newest US WWI Medals

The US pieces are bridal rosettes for draft horses from the civil war up to the early 1900's

?

Great little grouping like the state medal a lot . Gary

Great thanks SteveR I knew they were horse related but I wasn't sure exactly what to call them!