Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My WW1 British Military Medal

Article about: Hello everyone today was a really happy day for me as I managed to buy from an estate sale here in Romania, a WW1 British Military Medal. The item is made of silver, 2,8 mm thick, aprox. 36

Default My WW1 British Military Medal

Hello everyone
    today was a really happy day for me as I managed to buy from an estate sale here in Romania, a WW1 British Military Medal. The item is made of silver, 2,8 mm thick, aprox. 36 mm in diameter and is unmarked on the side. As far as I know, in WW1 were given to the Romanian NCO's and soldiers 58 British Military Medals and I have many reasons to believe that this is one of them.
    This is the second medal of this type (as far as I know) that appears in Romania. Perhaps there are others but until now are unknown.
    I would really appreciate if you could share with me more info regarding these medals offered to allied troops and unmarked
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 British Military Medal   My WW1 British Military Medal  

Steve,
    I do not have any info on this medal...but here is one in my collection....marked on rim ..pvt G.Grillo..43 rd inf. Italian army..
    Great looking silver medal
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 British Military Medal   My WW1 British Military Medal  

My WW1 British Military Medal   My WW1 British Military Medal  

Grillo’s Medal was awarded 31 July 1917 and replaced twice. There was a question about his first name, originally shown as Joseph, but corrected.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW1 British Military Medal  

Very nice medals
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Steve,
    thanks for the info about ...G. Grillo......I picked up a very large collection of medals recently and there were 7 Italian medals all of which were supposed to be awarded to G.Grillo ONLY the British medal had his name on the rim...the other 6 ??????
    .....Dave

My WW1 British Military Medal