Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

New Acquisitions! WWI Propaganda Posters

Article about: Gents, I've been "out of the game" in regards to militaria collecting and it feels good to acquire a few pieces. I recently bought these two posters from a local auction gallery. I

Default New Acquisitions! WWI Propaganda Posters

Gents,

I've been "out of the game" in regards to militaria collecting and it feels good to acquire a few pieces. I recently bought these two posters from a local auction gallery. I was able to leave with two however, I wished my billfold was billowing with money for there were 18 more up for auction!... The "over the top" poster has a section missing in the upper corner and is affixed to poster board so, that one is a keeper for my wall.. However, the "Hun or Home" poster is applied on canvas and I may decide on selling for I can ship it easily. The poster is in remarkable shape and your comments are always welcomed.

Regards,

Joel

New Acquisitions!  WWI Propaganda PostersNew Acquisitions!  WWI Propaganda Posters

Default Re: New Acquisitions! WWI Propaganda Posters

Here are a couple of additional pictures of the details of the poster.

New Acquisitions!  WWI Propaganda PostersNew Acquisitions!  WWI Propaganda PostersNew Acquisitions!  WWI Propaganda Posters

?

Is the paper thin like a sheet in a book or thicker ?

The paper looks thick,maybe it just the pictures.
    The paper should be like newspaper.
    Chris

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Is the paper thin like a sheet in a book or thicker ?
    The reason I ask is that the originals were made to be posted and then thrown away. Therefore the thin paper. Replicas are on thicker paper closer to a card stock. The main reason for the question is the number of posters that you mentioned. 18 posters are a lot. You usually do not find that many different ones unless they are part of a collection.

Gents,
    The paper is thin. It is mounted on canvas to give the appearance that it is thicker.