Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

not exactly common

Article about: just to show this set of discharge papers to one man that reenlisted, i cant imagine many more of these have survived considering the age?

?

Default not exactly common

just to show this set of discharge papers to one man that reenlisted, i cant imagine many more of these have survived considering the age?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture not exactly common   not exactly common  

Default Re: not exactly common

These do crop up from time to time, nevertheless, like you say its done damn well for knocking on 100 years old. Treasure and preserve it

?

I know crazy isn't it for something which should be so common, I guess not many framed them eh.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    These do crop up from time to time, nevertheless, like you say its done damn well for knocking on 100 years old. Treasure and preserve it
    The first one is dated 1900, so 113 years old. Not something you see often and to be honest I don't remember seeing another, though merchant marine is not something I look at. I assume they got one of these for every ship they worked on.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Wow! Nice! I wish we still got something like this, but its a little blue book these days

?

Cant say ive ever seen another either, but had to be got with the irish connection, hopefully its still around for another 113 years

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The first one is dated 1900, so 113 years old. Not something you see often and to be honest I don't remember seeing another, though merchant marine is not something I look at. I assume they got one of these for every ship they worked on.
    Ah yes, didn't notice that