Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal Group

Article about: Here is a VERY RARE one of a Kind Medal group I bought this past weekend, Never Had a Boer Medal with this rank or to this Unit, and Have never seen a WW1 Pair to this Rank. Check it out Dea

?

Default One of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal Group

Here is a VERY RARE one of a Kind Medal group I bought this past weekend, Never Had a Boer Medal with this rank or to this Unit, and Have never seen a WW1 Pair to this Rank.
    Check it out

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

One of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal GroupOne of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal GroupOne of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal GroupOne of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal GroupOne of a Kind Canadian Boer War and WW1 Medal Group

Beautiful. That is one extremely nice Boer War/WWI group.
    It should be fairly easy to research this man.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 01-21-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Sp...
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice pull. Good job.

lots of hits here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Surg...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Wiki notes his promotion to the surgeon general rank in sept 1915 - he may have qualified for the 1914-15 star too, if he was overseas before December 1915, you should check his service records, it might be an incomplete group. Solved it myself - if you look here at chapter III page 25 he is with the first contingent 1914, so definately missing a 1914 star, too bad. http://www.archivecdbooks.ca/Samples/CA0224Samp.pdf

You have a fairly significant (and valuable) group there, he was head of the medical services for the Canadian Army in WW I, I suspect it is missing some other orders too, hard to imagine he didn't get a DSO or a CB. Yup - CMG (sorry Commamder St Michael & St George) here Viewing Page 2521 of Issue 29982

?

I do not pretend to be anywhere near an expert on these medals but I am very appreciative of their rarity and special place in history, my compliments sir!

You might follow up where you bought it and see if there are any other loose bits or paperwork around.

Wow! Simply marvelous! The Boer war/WW1 is a very interesting set. Great find of such a high ranking officer.

Now That is an Impressive Medal bar! A piece of History in your Hands! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Deffo will not show my Wife this photo set! --- Lovely group!

absolutely stunning!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast