Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

One for our Canadian friends

Article about: Hi guy`s , just thought i`d show this example from my collection , it`s a Canadian Ross mark 11 bayonet produced by the Ross Rifle Co. Quebec . The mark 11 was introduced in 1912 , but the b

?

Default One for our Canadian friends

Hi guy`s , just thought i`d show this example from my collection , it`s a Canadian Ross mark 11 bayonet produced by the Ross Rifle Co. Quebec . The mark 11 was introduced in 1912 , but the blade was modified during WW1 in 1915 from it`s original more rounded end to a much more aggressive point , leaving a very unusual profile . The scabbard is all brown leather with an internal chape . These bayonets were manufactured to match the Ross Rifle , and although these were fine weapons , it was found that they did not stand up to the rigours of trench warfare , and , in 1916 , Canadian troops on active service in Europe were re-armed with the SMLE and 1907 bayonet . this bayonet feels great in hand and i like it`s design very much .

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture One for our Canadian friends   One for our Canadian friends  

One for our Canadian friends   One for our Canadian friends  

Default Re: One for our Canadian friends

Looks like a really good quality product, typical for the era. I agree, it is a great looking item.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: One for our Canadian friends

thanks ade , this is one of my favourites

cheers Al