Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Patches ID help

Article about: The blanket shown is from WW I handed down to me from my Grandfather who served from 1917-1918, there are 120 total patches (not all shown) I have identified about 40 but need help on others

koolyman
    ?

Default Patches ID help

The blanket shown is from WW I handed down to me from my Grandfather who served from 1917-1918, there are 120 total patches (not all shown) I have identified about 40 but need help on others. I would also like to know the best way to obtain an accurate value of the blanket thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images Patches ID help  Patches ID help  Patches ID help  Patches ID help 

Default Re: Patches ID help

Hi,

Can you please post good, clear close up shots of the items marked with an arrow below?
    Attached Images Attached Images Patches ID help  Patches ID help 
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very nice and rare WW1 'PATCH BLANKET' Post close up's of patches that you need to ID....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Very nice and rare WW1 'PATCH BLANKET' Post close up's of patches that you need to ID....BILL
    Ditto

koolyman
    ?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Hi,

Can you please post good, clear close up shots of the items marked with an arrow below?
    Hope these work thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Patches ID help  Patches ID help  Patches ID help  Patches ID help 

Top to bottom.........1st. Army Signals, 1st. Army (possibly) aircraft repair, observer baloon corps, Artillery School...
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by koolyman View Post
    Hope these work thanks
    Koolyman,
    Very nice. From top to bottom, you have a
    1st Army Signal Corps.
    !st Army Machine Gun Battalion.
    Balloon Section AEF.
    And I believe the last one is Anti Aircraft Artillery.

Post those that you want id'ed. You have a very valuable blanket there. Please don't cut it up.

Terry

If they are real, you have some pretty uncommon "black" patches on that blanket. I thought I saw a rattlesnake patch for the 369th Harlem Hellfighters, a Red Hand for the 371st and 372nd, an Adrian Helmet patch for the 93rd Division and a Buffalo for the 92nd! Rare stuff indeed!

Some of those patches are early provisional patches that were done away with as other insignia was adopted and standardized.

koolyman
    ?

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    If they are real, you have some pretty uncommon "black" patches on that blanket. I thought I saw a rattlesnake patch for the 369th Harlem Hellfighters, a Red Hand for the 371st and 372nd, an Adrian Helmet patch for the 93rd Division and a Buffalo for the 92nd! Rare stuff indeed!
    Here is a better look at the one's you noted
    Attached Images Attached Images Patches ID help  Patches ID help  Patches ID help