Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible WW1 Shooting award? Silver Spoon.

Article about: Hello everyone, The local war museum I do voluntary work for have recently acquired what they think may be a WW1 era shooting award in the form of a spoon. As you can see it has some initial

Default Possible WW1 Shooting award? Silver Spoon.

Hello everyone,

The local war museum I do voluntary work for have recently acquired what they think may be a WW1 era shooting award in the form of a spoon.

As you can see it has some initials at the top and a silver mark along the handle which is fashioned as a rifle.

Any background on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Possible WW1 Shooting award? Silver Spoon.Possible WW1 Shooting award? Silver Spoon.Possible WW1 Shooting award? Silver Spoon.

Looks like trench art to me.

I recommend researching the hallmarks for date and place of manufacture.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

38th HB RC could be a British army garrison rifle club, so how about a possible link to the WW1 era 38th Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery which was raised as part of 38th Division, but left before the Division proceeded to France. It joined XLII Heavy Artillery Group. Sorry about the sketchy details, that's all I could find (and may well be nothing to do with the thing anyway...) Hallmark I.D. as Jerry says, would help methinks.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.