Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PPCLI Jug. What was it used for?

Article about: Hi everyone, We've had this jug sat in one of our cabinets for a while now and i'm wondering what exactly it would have been used for? Do you guys think it is for some form of competition of

Default PPCLI Jug. What was it used for?

Hi everyone,

We've had this jug sat in one of our cabinets for a while now and i'm wondering what exactly it would have been used for? Do you guys think it is for some form of competition of commemorative event?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PPCLI Jug. What was it used for?  

CBH
    ?

Default Re: PPCLI Jug. What was it used for?

PPCLI in Canada is "Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry" have you goggle searched it ? Hope that helped .
    Chris

Default Re: PPCLI Jug. What was it used for?

Hi Chris, Yes, i aware it was Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. Ive googled it with the keyword "Shorncliffe" and have found the information that Shorncliffe was a base in Kent. James has also informed me that the University Companies were formed because the PPCLI suffered so many casualties during the 2nd battle of Ypres in 1915. Im just wondering what this was for or what it is commemorating.

Thanks for the input