Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Princess Mary Christmas gift box

Article about: Now to show a item i never had the intention to purchase. I was at a fair with my mum and she said she liked the tin for how interesting it sounded and looked. For £20 i thought that would m

?

Default Princess Mary Christmas gift box

Now to show a item i never had the intention to purchase. I was at a fair with my mum and she said she liked the tin for how interesting it sounded and looked. For £20 i thought that would make her happy since i like getting items my family are interested in. It seem likes £20 was an alright price!

A bit battered, this tin still opens and closes properly. Someone must have cleaned the tin recently given its shine. Unfortunately my example is empty of all its gifts. I saw some insane prices for complete sets online!

There seems to be a lot of repro ones for sale now. I dont think mine is a repro. Its wear seems to old, especially from the insides of the tin.

Overall this is quite a pleasant item to have. The concept behind the tin is very nice to hear about, i might store little loose bits and parts in the tin

Princess Mary Christmas gift boxPrincess Mary Christmas gift boxPrincess Mary Christmas gift box

It is a good original.

I have a greetings card from the tin coming up for sale next Friday at work.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A good original. Often you see them with badges, buttons and medals in them much as you intend.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yea, my dads friend actually has one which his dad or grandad (can’t remember which) used for nails and that sorta stuff.

Original accessories for the tin sell for quite a price. Not sure I will ever attempt to get any.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Yea, my dads friend actually has one which his dad or grandad (can’t remember which) used for nails and that sorta stuff.

Original accessories for the tin sell for quite a price. Not sure I will ever attempt to get any.
    I have one, I almost bought some original items to go in it but in the end never bothered.

For display, you can't see any contents
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Love these boxes they are an iconic piece of WW1 memorabilia ! A must have item in any militaria collection imo. Regards Paul

Here's the contents of mine!

CBH
    ?

These tins are great, one of the few military collectables that non-collectors will like.
    I've give three as gifts over the years. Two to my aunts and one for my mom.
    Figured they would be staying in the family.
    Nice addition to any collection.

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Here's the contents of mine!

Pretty cool mate. Is that a Gordon highlanders glengarry at the bottom of your shelf?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Pretty cool mate. Is that a Gordon highlanders glengarry at the bottom of your shelf?
    You are indeed correct young sir well spotted!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast